The types of things that will get deleted around here:
- Pointless trash-talking: I don’t go to your team’s blogs to pick fights, so please take them to the blogs that do.
- Mansplaining (women can do this too)
- Non-stop critical comments: this doesn’t mean I don’t welcome constructive criticism, but if all you do is comment negatively on every post, you have a very different motivation, which I don’t have to tolerate.
- Gratuitous self-promotion: If you want to promote your blog, you need to participate in the discussion. That doesn’t mean commenting on every single post with “read what I said in my blog!!”.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful speech
- “First” or other memes
While I appreciate readers and enjoy their comments, this isn’t a message board, it’s a blog. More specifically, it’s my blog. While I am a rabid free speech supporter, nothing requires me to provide you with a private soapbox, using my time, sweat equity and web server space. I can, and will, remove your comments for any reason I deem necessary. Commenting on a blog is not constitutionally-protected speech, so cries of “censorship” will fall on deaf ears.
Your recourse is to go elsewhere, or start your own effing blog.