WE DON’T EVEN HAVE A DH.
Let me present the latest branded offering from Major League Baseball and Victoria’s Secret:
There are other offerings, like “Meet Me In The Dugout,” “Caught Looking,” and “I’m A Great Catch,” the latter slogan cleverly and strategically located!
Seriously? No, seriously?
- “mostly i’m mad they make them for teams that don’t even use a DH. they should have “the pitcher can kiss for himself” panties.” from @cryingbaseball
- “they had the option to make things that weren’t offensive and they didn’t take them.” from @1863_project
- “I think the feminist movement just got set back 20 years with that.” from @katiestars
- “Why can’t they just do team logos? Why do they have to be degrading?” again from @1863_project
- “it’s just completely offensive.” from @norunsupport
I know lots of women like the “Pink” line because it is comfortable and more affordable than Touch, avoiding the whole “I ONLY KISS [TEAM] FANS” issue. This latest offering is just going for the lowest common denominator. The undergarments with just team logos? It’s not for me, but, you know, go for it. The slogans, though? Pandering, dumb, unnecessary, insulting.
This will not make women like baseball more, MLB, and just demonstrates that you continue to be way, way, way out of touch with 45% of your fan base.
(We also hate the new Gameday, but that’s not just us girls, and that’s another post.)