HOME OPENER 2011 HINTS & TIPS.
It’s finally here! I can’t wait to get on the 7 train and head out to Queens tomorrow. A few helpful reminders:
- All gates open 2 1/2 hours before first pitch. If you want your Mr. Met bobblehead (and who doesn’t), get there early.
- Weather: “A chance of rain after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 54. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming south. Chance of precipitation is 30%.” So bring a rain poncho.
- The lines for food will be insane. New staff, people have been gone a long time, tomorrow is not the day to get your Shake Shack fix. Eat beforehand, bring some snacks, go to Madison Square Park after the game if you must have a Shack fix tomorrow.
- Allow extra time, people walk slower on Opening Day than they do any other day of the year (or so it seems)
- The Mets claim that there are R.A. Dickey shirts for sale at the ballpark. There is also the lovely Opening Day commemorative pin. If you want to shop, allow extra time.
- Remember, the game ends during rush hour so there will not be a 7 Baseball Express after the game. We’re all on the milk train back to Grand Central.
- Other questions are likely answered in my Citi Field Guide (which will get updated for 2011 after I’ve gone to a couple of games next week).
- LET’S GO METS!